Nowadays there are 2 types of devices to connect PC to WiFi Hotspot without cable — USB adapters and PCI (Peripheral Component Interconnect) based wireless adapters. In this article, we will discuss lastest wifi adapters.
1. ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-AC1900 PCI-E Adapter
Editorial Review Asus (PCE-AC68) Dual-Band Wireless-AC1900 PCI-E Adapter Features 1) 5th generation 802.11ac chipset gives you dual-band2.4GHz 5GHz for up to super-fast 1.30Gbps 2) Flexible extended antenna placement helps you pinpoint the best reception in your environment. 3) Instant Wi-Fi upgrade for your desktop: no more messy Ethernet cables needed. 4) High-power design clears up dead zones with 150 percent greater coverage. 5) Custom heatsink dissipates heat for more stable and reliable non-stop operation.
From the Manufacturer
802.11ac Dual-band Wireless-AC1900 PCI-E Adapter
- 5th generation 802.11ac chipset gives you dual-band,2.4GHz/5GHz for up to super-fast 1.30Gbps
- Flexible extended antenna placement helps you pinpoint the best reception in your environment.
- Instant Wi-Fi upgrade for your desktop: no more messy Ethernet cables needed.
- High-power design clears up dead zones with 150% greater coverage
- Custom heatsink dissipates heat for more stable and reliable non-stop operation
The ASUS PCE-AC68 is a new 802.11ac Wi-Fi PCI Express adapter which upgrades your desktop from tangle-some Ethernet cables to carefree industry-leading 802.11ac at up to 1.3Gbps. Plus, the stylish external magnetized antenna base gives you more flexibility in adjusting antenna placement to get the best signal reception quality possible.
Fastest Wi-Fi standard: 802.11ac
The PCE-AC68 uses Broadcom’s new 5th generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac chipset to reach speeds of up to 1.3Gbit/s through the 5GHz band, which is three times faster than 802.11n Wi-Fi. At the same time, it maintains full backward compatibility with all previous Wi-Fi protocols, providing high-performance two-way transmission while ensuring a smooth transition to 802.11ac and seamless interconnection with existing devices.
Next-generation Wi-Fi on both bands!
Broadcom TurboQAM hardware integrated on the PCE-AC68 brings the speed benefits of next-generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. At 600Mbit/s and 1.3Gbit/s respectively, they turn the PCE-AC68 into a formidable AC1900 wireless adapter, providing speeds that cannot be bettered by generic wireless adapters. Connect the PCE-AC68 to ASUS networks to attain the very highest possible Wi-Fi speeds.
Extend and strengthen your wireless connection
ASUS AiRadar intelligently strengthens wireless device connectivity using precise directional signal amplification for extended coverage, increased data-throughput speed, and enhanced stability. Wi-Fi-connection strength varies based on your environment, so the PCE-AC68 intelligently detects wireless router locations and ‘shapes’ data transmissions using three external antennas and high-powered beam-packing — assuring the fastest stable connection.
No more dead zones with 150% the coverage!
Powerful two-way transmission and a signal-boosting high-gain design give the PCE-AC66 improved two-way transmission that extends Wi-Fi range and coverage by up to 150% compared to generic client devices. This extended reach means the elimination of dead spots at any location, offering fast and uninterrupted HD streaming and smooth multiplayer gaming wherever you may be
Flexible extended antenna placement
The three detachable antennas of the PCE-AC68 can be placed remotely via bundled extension cables. A magnetized stand also comes in the box, which can easily attach to various surfaces for more placement options. By making the antennas mobile, the design offers more flexibility in choosing locations for better signal reception and quality.
Stylish aluminum heatsink handles the heat for extra stability
The added heatsink uses highly-conductive aluminum to remove heat from the chipset, ensuring greater reliability for non-stop operation. Lower temperatures translate into a more stable device in all climate conditions, even during hot summers, and greater stability means more consistent connectivity and longer product lifespan. Plus, the heatsink has been crafted for a stylish look, once more showing ASUS always goes beyond the spec.
|Item Height||21.3 Centimeters|
|Item Width||6.1 Centimeters|
|Item Weight||567 g|
|Product Dimensions||28.4 x 6.1 x 21.3 cm|
|Batteries:||1 Lithium ion batteries required.|
|Item model number||PCE-AC68|
|RAM Size||1 GB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||4 Watt Hours|
|Lithium battery Weight||0.23 Grams|
|Number of Lithium-Ion Cells||4|
|Included Components||Dipole Antenna x 3, External magnetic antenna base, Low Profile Bracket, Support CD, Warranty card and Wireless LAN Adapter|
2. EDUP USB Wireless Network Adapter
EDUP Wifi Adapter ac600Mbps EDUP Wireless USB Adapter 5.8GHz/2.4GHz Dual Band 600Mbps USB Adapter 2dBi External Antennas Supports Windows XP, Win Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10, Mac OS X 10.6-10.12 Brand: EDUP
|Item Height||14 Centimeters|
|Item Width||28 Millimeters|
|Item Weight||22.7 g|
|Product Dimensions||9.9 x 2.8 x 14 cm|
|Item model number||FBA_EDUP-EP-1607|
|Computer Memory Type||DDR2 SDRAM|
|Wireless Type||801.11 AC, 802.11 a/g/n/ac, 5.8 GHz Radio Frequency|
3. TP-Link Archer T9E Wireless WiFi PCIe Network Adapter Card
AC1900 PCIe WiFi Card for Desktop 802.11ac – The Next Generation of WiFi TP-Link’s Archer T9E supports the next generation WiFi standard – IEEE 802.11ac, offering transfer rates that are 3 times faster than wireless N speeds.
Easily upgrade your desktop system by simply slotting the Wi-Fi adapter into an available PCIE slot. AC1900 – Selectable Dual-Band Speeds 1300/600Mbps The Archer T9E provides high-speed Wi-Fi of up to 1300Mbps over 5GHz, perfect for HD video streaming and lag-free online gaming. Additionally, the 2.4GHz 600Mbps Wi-Fi band is ideal for standard network/internet usage such as web surfing.
Beamforming Technology for Efficient WiFi The Archer T9E utilizes Beamforming technology, which is able to receive greater directional Wi-Fi signals, enhancing the reliability and stability of wireless connections. Heat Sink for Better Stability Heat Sink helps to dissipate heat generated by the adapter, which in turn increases performance and improves stability. Additionally, lower temperatures ensure an increased adapter lifespan. Additional Feature Sets: * External Antennas for easy alignment to achieve the best signal. * System Support Windows 10 **(Please upgrade to 17025 Insider Preview Build)** / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / * Easy to Install A friendly user interface Utility on a CD for simple installation.
* Advanced Security WPA/WPA2 encryption standards ensure your wireless connection is safe from intruders. * TP-Link received the highest numerical score among 6 companies in the J.D. Power 2017 U.S. Wireless Router Satisfaction Report, based on 980 total responses, measuring the opinions of customers who purchased a wireless router in the previous 12 months, surveyed October 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
|Item Height||22 Millimeters|
|Item Width||12.1 Centimeters|
|Item Weight||318 g|
|Product Dimensions||11.5 x 12.1 x 2.2 cm|
|Item model number||Archer T9E|
|Computer Memory Type||DDR3 SDRAM|
|Wireless Type||802.11.ac, 5.8 GHz Radio Frequency|
4. BrosTrend USB WiFi Adapter
- BrosTrend 1200Mbps Long Range USB Wireless Internet Adapter; AC 1200 Dual Band 5GHz Wireless Speed 867Mbps, 2.4GHz 300Mbps; 2 X 5dBi WiFi Antenna; Win 10, Windows 7, Linux Mint, Ubuntu, (AC3 Model)
- Brand: BrosTrend
|Item Height||18 Millimeters|
|Item Width||10.1 Centimeters|
|Item Weight||68 g|
|Product Dimensions||25 x 10.1 x 1.8 cm|
|Item model number||AC3|
5. NET-DYN Top Dual Band USB
- Top Dual Band USB Wireless WiFi Adapter, AC1200, 5GHz and 2.4GHZ (867Mbps/300Mbps), Super Strength So You Can Say Bye to Buffering, for PC or Mac, by NET-DYN
- Brand: Net-Dyn
|Item Height||13 Millimeters|
|Item Width||30 Millimeters|
|Item Weight||13.6 g|
|Product Dimensions||8.9 x 3 x 1.3 cm|
|Item model number||FBA_6485135|
|Computer Memory Type||WRAM|
|Wireless Type||802.11.ac, 5.8 GHz Radio Frequency, 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency|
6. Glam Hobby OURLINK AC600 WiFi Dongle
- OURLINK 600Mbps AC600 Dual Band USB WiFi Dongle & Wireless Network Adapter for Laptop / Desktop Computer – Backward Compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n Products (2.4 GHz 150Mbps, 5GHz 433Mbps)
- Brand: Glam Hobby
|Item Height||8 Millimeters|
|Item Width||10.2 Centimeters|
|Item Weight||9.07 g|
|Product Dimensions||11.4 x 10.2 x 0.8 cm|
|Item model number||FBA_LYSB011T5IF06-CMPTRACCS|
|Wireless Type||802.11 a/b/g/n|
7. TP-Link TL-WN881ND PCI-E Network Adapter Card
- Wireless N speed up to 300Mbps makes it ideal for video streaming, online gaming, and Internet calls
- 2T2R MIMO delivers greater throughput at range versus conventional 1T1R
- Supports 64/128 WEP, WPA /WPA2/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES), supports IEEE 802.1X
- Supports Windows 7 32/64bit,??windows XP 32/64bit, Vista 32/64bit
- Supports ad-hoc and infrastructure mode
- Bundled utility provides quick & hassle free installation
- Seamlessly compatible with 802.11n/b/g products
|Item Weight||200 g|
|Product Dimensions||7.8 x 12 x 2.2 cm|
|Item model number||TL-WN881ND|
|Data Transfer Rate||300 megabits_per_second|
|Wireless Type||802.11.b, 802.11.g, 802.11.n|
|Number of Ports||1|
|Contains Liquid Contents||No|
|Has Auto Focus||No|
|Includes Rechargeable Battery||No|